Monday, October 8, 2007

Bridge to Paradise



Isn't the above picture beautiful? I'm related to the man who took the photo and I'm quite proud. Feel free to check out his website.

There are so many things to love in this photo but I think I like the title best. Bridge to Paradise evokes the hope of better things to come - no matter how beautiful things may already be.

There may not be an actual bridge to paradise on earth, but there is one spiritually. Simply put, Jesus Christ is God's bridge to man. And that bridge, if we accept it, is man's bridge to paradise. We can choose not to accept Jesus as our bridge, but we won't find any other alternative.

Life isn't easy and accepting Jesus as the payment for your sins before God doesn't grant you paradise on earth, no matter what anyone says. But, when you accept Jesus as your savior, you are assured of experiencing paradise after death (Luke 23:43). And here on earth you will experience a glimpse of heaven as you experience a peace that makes no worldly sense (Philippians 4:7), a love that never, ever fails (Psalm 36:7) and a joy that is possible in every circumstance (I Thessalonians 5:16), among the many other blessings that are listed in the Bible.

Has anyone asked you to make a decision about Jesus and who He is in your life? In the book of Revelation, God speaks of people who haven't made a decision yet. They aren't cold or hot, they are lukewarm. And He doesn't like it: " I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked." Revelation 3:15-17

In our society, it has become taboo to speak so boldly about this bridge to paradise. But, I believe some bold speech is exactly what you and I need. So let me ask you, do you know if you are hot, cold, or worse yet, lukewarm? Are you unsure of your future but certain of your shortcomings in the past? Do you long for something better, no matter how good your life here may be? Please don't wait. Take the time right now to make a decision about who Jesus Christ is in your life. A little paradise might be closer than you think.

God,
I am decidedly not perfect. I have done things I shouldn't have done. My sin separates You and me. I believe that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, came to pay the price for my sins. Because of Him, I am made pure in your sight and have a bridge to paradise. Thank You for loving me so much and for wanting to be part of every part of my life. Please help me become more spiritually mature as I involve You in every part of my life.
In Jesus' Name,
Amen




No comments: