Sunday, April 22, 2012

Jump In - The Water's Fine

If you've somehow stumbled across this blog, you may have noticed that it's been a while since my last post.  A week ago I thought I'd given up on blogging.  I honestly wanted to give up blogging.  "I've already got too much going on in my life without adding the pressure of writing a blog."

Sadly, over the last few years, I've often sensed God asking me to start blogging again.  I was usually able to talk myself out of doing it. "It's too much commitment. Who am I to think I have something worth reading?"

Maybe I don't have anything to write that's worth reading.  However, I'm learning every day that saying "no" to God is the same as despising Him (1 Samuel 15:23).  I want to serve the Lord with fear and understand God's promise that "Blessed are all who take refuge in Him" (Psalm 2:11-12).

So, I'm jumping in with both feet.

The water feels fine!

God, I want to serve You wholeheartedly.  You are beautiful beyond description.  Please help me to see tangible affirmation that obeying You is better than anything else this world has to offer.
In Jesus Name, Amen 

No comments: