I'm trying to work through a pretty big decision in my own life and I came across a quote from Lisa Whelchel that has really made me think. She said, "One thing that has helped me in the past when I've had to make a difficult decision is to remove both money and fear from the equation. For me, those two things often deceptively attract or falsely repel from God's will for my life."
Wow! My whole decision making process usually hinges on those two things - fear and money. I find this to be a profound thought and one that I'll be talking to God about a lot over the next days and weeks.
The reason I found Lisa's quote is because I consider her to be a mentor to me. She's a cyber-mentor but a mentor nonetheless. If you Google Lisa Whelchel you'll recognize her as Blair from the Facts of Life. I wasn't a big fan of Blair but I have been a big fan of Lisa and how she lives out her faith. During a really difficult time in my life, I visited her website first thing in the morning to read her daily posts about her "Family Dream Trip." It encouraged me and gave me hope and insight as she shared her life.
Do you have any mentors, cyber or otherwise? Let me encourage you to start building those relationships - even with godly women who you might never meet this side of heaven. You never know how God might touch your life through their wisdom.
Here are some of my favorite cyber-mentors:
Lisa Whelchel - www.lisawhelchel.com
Beth Moore - www.lproof.org
Liz Curtis Higgs - www.lizcurtishiggs.com
Mary Whelchel - www.christianworkingwoman.org
Stormie Omartian - www.stormieomartian.com
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!
Father God,
Thank You for sisters in Christ. Thank You for providing counsel and wisdom from people with whom we may never have in-person contact. Thank You for the many ways You work in our lives, for Your guidance, and for making us a part of the family of God. You are full of goodness and wisdom and we love you.
In Jesus' name,
Amen
Monday, November 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment